International Management and LeadershipMasters degree program
∼ 15 h/week on campus + online sessions
4 Semesters, 120 ECTS
Student Consultancy Project (max. 8 months)
Master of Arts
The International Management and Leadership master program at Lauder Business School strives both to deepen knowledge in applied business administration and to develop the management and leadership skills relevant for international business careers. You will be trained for upper management positions in premier globally oriented companies or to embark on innovative entrepreneurship. You will receive an in-depth overview on managerial decision-making in diverse domains and functional areas.
Moreover, you will be prepared to creatively and efficiently tackle business challenges in a multicultural environment, as well as apply the foundations of executive management, such as decision-making at the strategic and tactical levels within complex organizational structures. You will be able to conduct applied research projects and engage in empirical investigations under the umbrella of several courses. At the same time, recent megatrends such as the internet of things and a green and sustainable mindset also have a key and active role throughout the study program.
Our experienced and committed faculty of real-world practitioners and academic researchers will give you a comprehensive introduction to the theory and offer practical examples as well as case studies from their professional life. At LBS, emphasis is placed on the practical side of education. By joining simulation exercises, real-life project work and industry-related research, you will be prepared to creatively and efficiently handle business challenges. With our unique mix of on-campus classes (app. 18h/week) and online sessions you will be able to combine your further education with part-time work. In addition, we recommend continuous work experience and encourage it by possible accreditation/recognition of some courses.
At LBS, students get the chance to study both the global economy and international business by merging the best that the American business educational system has to offer with the finest European business tradition. Moreover, our students outperform their peers from other international business/finance programs by far as demonstrated in the latest unbiased Peregrine test results.
- Learn to use SAP & receive a certificate
- Receive an IPMA-D certificate at 50% discount as part of the project management course
- Get prepared for and obtain the Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) certificate
- Prepare for and take the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- Student Consultancy Project with a partner company
- Business Simulation
- Real-world practitioners as lecturers
- Harvard MOC classes
- Introduction to Green Business Models and Sustainability
- Interactive & international study environment
- Group work & project-based learning
- Work part-time & accredit some courses
- Any student who graduated after December 12th, 2018, the date of LBS’ entering the ACBSP candidacy, is grandfathered into graduating from an ACBSP accredited study program.
- In accordance with § 2 (2) University of Applied Sciences Act (Fachhochschulgesetz) as amended, the tuition fee for EU nationals (including those of Switzerland and EEA countries) is €363.36/semester, and €726.72 /semester for non-EU nationals.
Project Manager, Management Consultant, Strategist, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Process Manager, Entrepreneur, HR Generalist, General Manager, Product Manager, Business Development Manager, Branch Manager, Performance Analyst, etc.
- completed bachelor degree program of at least 180 ECTS
- or a completed equivalent program at a recognized domestic or recognized foreign post-secondary education institution. This must be an education institution offering programs that last at least six semesters, which require the general matriculation standard pursuant to this federal statute for admission, and known as a post-secondary education institution pursuant to the legislation of the country where it is located.
- adequate command of English
In the case of Bachelor’s programs not regulated by accreditation, the director of studies of the degree program or the Council will decide whether the other program fulfills the relevant admission requirement. Information about which bachelors or post-secondary programs qualify as relevant admission requirement for certain FH masters degree programs is available from administrators or the director of studies.
Case Study Analysis
As part of the admissions process, applicants will be asked to analyze a short case study in form of an essay of max. 1000 words. Applicants will have 2 days to complete this task. Please download a sample to prepare.
What Our Graduates Say
"My experience at LBS was great and unique! During my studies of “Intercultural Management and Leadership” I received a profound knowledge in the area of my interest and met long-life friends. LBS had a significant impact on my personal development. There I experienced studying and working in a highly international environment, which ultimately defined my career path."
Global LT, Recruiter EMEA
"Keep it real 🙂 Study hard and make great friends. Don’t shy away from any challenges and try to dream big. Nothing is impossible when you try just a little harder. LBS was a great stepping stone for me and enabled me to achieve great heights in my career later on. I’m humbled to say that it all started in LBS!"
R2G Digital, Founder & CEO
"Lauder Business School is where I learned my business ABC’s and where I laid the first cornerstones of building my professional network. One of the best memories from studying there would have to be the classes with Prof. Christian Mehlich and the mentorship conversations with him outside the classroom."
Microsoft, Marketing Manager
"Lauder Business School Vienna provided me with the practical learning approach, developed using-real life case studies. Those allowed me to look at real business challenges from a CFO / CEO perspective, while being a pragmatic authoritative leader. Also, I had the precious opportunity of being taught by Prof. Joel Stern, which was an absolutely breath-taking experience. One thing I wanted to take away from this program, in addition to the leadership component, was a better understanding of initiating change in today’s uncertain financial markets."
David Kralik, M.A.
GE Power Austria, Project Control Analyst