The academic program stresses an international, competitive education in the field of business administration with a strong focus on practical application. Together with a solid intercultural education (including one foreign language) graduates are specifically prepared for employment in organizations and enterprises with an international, multicultural focus where cultural diversity is an important issue. Starting from the 4th semester, students can choose between a marketing track and a finance track. During the 6th semester, the students must complete a 4-month internship as part of their curriculum. Graduates of this program are qualified to continue their studies at the graduate level.
4 (4) Fachhochschulstudiengesetz (Austrian law for universities of applied sciences) states: „(4) Fachliche Zugangsvoraussetzung zu einem Fachhochschul-Bachelorstudiengang ist die allgemeine Universitätsreife […]“, i.e. you may only start your studies with a university entrance qualification.
The general matriculation standard (cf. section 4, sub-section 4 FHStG, as amended) is to be documented by one of the following certificates:
- Austrian school-leaving certificate (Maturazeugnis, Reifeprüfungszeugnis);
- Another type of Austrian certificate documenting the candidate’s right to attend the relevant UAS degree program. This includes a university entrance certificate and a certificate documenting a completed vocational education;
- A foreign certificate equivalent to one of these Austrian certificates, based on an agreement under international law; a recognized decision made by the head of the domestic UAS degree program on a case-by-case basis;
- Pre-requisites Mathematics
- ECDL advanced prerequisites for IT