Roadmap to Austria Lauder Business School

Bachelor Students

The residence permits of pupils and students do not exclude work, unless the primary purpose of stay, i.e. education, is jeopardised.

Employment permit

Pupils and students from third countries are subject to the Act Governing the Employment of Foreign Nationals and require an employment permit (Beschäftigungsbewilligung).

Important: The application for the permit has to be filed with the Public Employment Service (Arbeitsmarktservice – AMS) by the employer. Working without the permit will be considered as illegal and might cause future problems with staying in Austria.

Labour market test (Arbeitsmarktpr√ľfung)

Employment permits may be granted with or without a labour market test. Permits will only be granted if the labour market test shows that there is no Austrian worker or no non-Austrian worker (already integrated in the Austrian labour market) registered with the AMS available for the job.

As from 1 July 2011, employment permits may be granted without labour market tests if students are employed for up to 10 hours per week.

Employment permits for more than 10 hours per week can only be granted after the labour market test.

Obligatory internships within the study curriculum and voluntary service do not require an allowance from the Austrian authorities, but the employer is obliged to register the employment at the AMS.

It is possible to get allowance for the full time job during Semester breaks.

Last Update: 10.06.2014

All information is supplied without liability and subject to change. Lauder Business School does not resume any legal responsibility.