Before you start with your application, please read the below information for the relevant program.


Only complete applications packages can be considered, exceptions are made with High school and Bachelor diplomas– they can be submitted once you received it.

As you are applying for an international school, bear in mind that we do require a Proof of English for all of our programs.

All application documents have to be submitted in original and translation, if the documentation has not been issued bilingual or in English or in German.

  • Official documents like, e.g. birth certificates, marriage certificates, certificates of name change, school leaving certificates, Bachelor diplomas, transcripts of records require an apostille.
  • Reference letters have to be translated if they are not issued in German or English, but don´t require the apostille.
  • CVs don´t require the apostille

Official documents which are issued by local authorities need a form of legalization, meaning a confirmation from the issuing authority about the  authenticity of the document.

There are 3 forms of legalization:

1. No legalization needed because the countries have an agreement about the acceptance of each other’s documents.

2. Apostille

3. Diplomatic or consular legalization

1. The following states are exempted from any kind of legalization:
A-F Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finnland, France,
G-O Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway,
P-Z Poland, Romania, Sweden, Serbia, Slowakia, Slovenia,


2. Apostille required for documents from countries like:

Albania, Andora, Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia (since 2018), Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cypres, Denmark, Ecudaor, El Salvador, Georgia, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Island, Israsel, Japan, Kasachstan, Lativa, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Marokko, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Portugal, Russian Federation, Switzerland, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, USA, UK,  etc. (this list is not complete, please contact the Austrian Embassy in your home country for more information)

 3. Diplomatic or consular legalization

Please contact the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in your home country for more information. Territories that are former colonies of Spain, Portugal, France or UK have special conditions.

The legalization of the document is the first step, the second step is the translation!

1. certified translation:

  • it has been performed by a professional qualified translator, and accurately reflects the original. Each page must be stamped & signed by the translation provider. Some translation companies also provide a Certifying Letter – look after this – it’s the translation’s legal provenance and may be asked for. The most common of these processes is apostilling under the Hague Convention.

2. Notarized translation:

  • To notarize a translation the translator must personally attend a Public Notary’s offices, where they will swear before the Notary that they are a professionally qualified translator and that the translation is to the best of their knowledge accurate. The Notary will stamp and authorize the translation. You will need to ask for a duplicate. 

Notarized documents incur additional legal costs and are often charged per document.

3. Legalised translation:

  • made by a sworn court translator may be required for court or civil cases. The apostille is required also.