Lauder Business School (LBS) was founded in 2003 as a University of Applied Sciences (Akkreditierte Trägerin von Fachhochschulstudiengängen) with the aim of offering young people a first class business education on an extremely international campus in the heart of Central Europe. Our institution is a fully recognized and government-funded University of Applied Sciences. Our degree programs are in line with the Bologna requirements, accredited by the Austrian Agency for Quality Assurance and listed with the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
Pursuant to section 4 sub-section 2 § 3 of the Universities of Apllied Sciences Studies Act (Fachhochschul-Studiengesetz, FHStG) as amended, an FH study program is to be designed in such a way that it can be completed in the prescribed time. Principally, attendance is obligatory for all courses unless this is precluded by the teaching method – meaning classes may be scheduled between 8.30 and 21.00 during the week (except for Fridays and Jewish holiday eves classes end between 15.00 – 16.00). In general it is neither possible nor recommended to combine working and studying. For this reason, only one FH degree program can be attended at a time.
We currently offer these academic degree programs:
- International, competitive education in the field of business administration
- Strong focus on practical application
- Solid intercultural education (including one foreign language)
- Preparation for employment in organisations and enterprises with an international, multicultural focus, where diversity is an important issue
- Program’s graduates qualify for continuation of studies at the graduate level
- Advanced business administration
- In-depth training in management and leadership
- Participation in project based learning and research activities
- Preparation for management careers in internationally operating companies and organizations and entrepreneurial ventures in highly competitive markets
- Preparation for a career in Banking and Finance
- In-depth training in Asset management, Financial management, Banking processes and management and Institutional and regulatory environments
- Focus on compliance management, a fast growing field in the industry
- Expertise in consulting and auditing of institutions
- In depth co-operation with business partners in teaching, research and career development
We are committed to preparing students for professional careers in globally acting companies and organizations. To achieve this goal, we focus on student-centered learning in a highly international environment. LBS’s teaching staff, who possess both scholarly qualifications and industry expertise, provide high-level academic training for future success in business management. Diversity challenges arising in LBS are addressed constructively as part of our process-oriented quality management system. We harness our worldwide business network in order to improve the career prospects of students and graduates.
At LBS, we conduct applied business research on Diversity Challenges within International Management and, more generally, questions of normative impact and norm production in organizations.
Our International office supports you in student resident permit issues, student, and lecturer’s mobility. Our experienced and professional staff will assist you in ERASMUS questions and supports international projects. Term-time opening hours for student resident permit services are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.30 – 17.00 and Fridays from 9.30 – 13.00.
The Lauder Business Forum is where you experience business in practice and receive valuable career mentoring. Up to six times a year LBS and The Friends of LBS host talks by distinguished business people, policy-makers and academics on our premises.