As you are applying for an international school, bear in mind that we do require
1. Proof of English for all of our programs.
You can submit a TOEFL, an IELTS or a Cambridge Certificate
results should be submitted with the application package
- IELTS: starting from Band 6, 6.5,7, 7.5,8, 8.5, 9
- CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE: B1/2/2+
- TOEFL: minimum score 68 points
reading min. 15 points, listening min. 15 points, speaking min. 18 points, writing min. 20 points
- IELTS: starting from Band,7, 7.5,8, 8.5, 9
- CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE: minimum B2 or
C1/2 – CAE (Grade “C”), FCE (Grade “A”) BEC Vantage (Grade “A”), BEC Higher (Grade “C”)
- TOEFL: minimum score 94 points
reading min. 22 points, listening min. 22 points, speaking min. 26 points, writing min. 24 points
2. All application documents have to be submitted in original and translation, if the documentation has not been issued bilingual or in English or in German.(including apostille ) e.g. birth certificates, school leaving certificates, Bachelor diplomas, reference letters if not written in English/German.
certified translation: it has been performed by a professional qualified translator, and accurately reflects the original. Each page must be stamped & signed by the translation provider. Some translation companies also provide a Certifying Letter – look after this – it’s the translation’s legal provenance and may be asked for. The most common of these processes is apostilling under the Hague Convention.
Notarized translation: To notarize a translation the translator must personally attend a Public Notary’s offices, where they will swear before the Notary that they are a professionally qualified translator and that the translation is to the best of their knowledge accurate. The Notary will stamp and authorize the translation. You will need to ask for a duplicate.
Notarized documents incur additional legal costs and are often charged per document.
Legalised translation: made by a sworn court translator may be required for court or civil cases. The apostille is required also.
3. Avoid sending each document individually!
Only complete applications can be considered, exception are made with High school diplomas or Bachelor diplomas – they can be submitted once the applicant has received it.
4. The LBS reserves the right to request
SAT/ACT exams from Bachelor applicants and
GMAT exams from Master applicants.